MKS Pedals, Sylvan Touring Next 9/16 - Silver
Wide step & smooth, low drag bearing may reduce exhaustion and improve pedaling effiency. Especially suitable for long distance touring or high quality urban cycling.
- Mirror finished body and Chrome-plated cage plates provide dignity and quality
- Triple sealed bearings which produces smooth rotation and maintenance free pedaling
- The Sylvan Touring pedal has the largest step area in the Sylvan line, offering various foot position over a 94X63mm area to prevent fatigue. The pedal is double sided and it is compatible with toe clips and straps to prevent slipping. This pedal works well for a wide variety types of shoes, as the cage plate tooth profile is grippy but not particular aggressive.
- The Sylvan Touring Next is the first major upgrade to our popular Sylvan Touring which was first released in 1979.
- The Sylvan NEXT is our new premium level of pedals that maintains the Sylvan’s traditional styling while reducing the pedal weight by 53 grams.
- Sylvan NEXT pedals use our Triple Sealed Cartridge Bearings- providing a remarkably smooth and maintenance-free rotation at a lighter weight than cup and cone bearings. The low drag bearing improves pedaling efficiency, making the NEXT series ideal for long distance riding
- Sylvan NEXT pedals use screws to fasten the plate to the pedal body making them replaceable- or customizable.
- To match the improved performance, we have upgraded the finish of the Sylvan NEXT pedals. The Sylvan NEXT is available in high polish chrome plated mirror finish on the axle, pedal body, and step plates or chrome plated axle with black pedal body and spindle.The highly polished chrome plated spindle has extremely strong anti-corrosive qualities, providing enhanced durability to salt and water.
- The Sylvan Touring NEXT is available with our patented Ezy Superior quick release pedal system, known as the Sylvan Touring NEXT Ezy Superior. Once installed, the Ezy Superior system allows for safe, rapid, and toolless removal of pedals for travel, storage, or flexibility. Particularly popular as an upgrade for folding bicycles, those who take their bikes on mass transit, or travel bikes with coupler systems our Ezy Superior system can dramatical improve ride quality while saving space.
- Pedal Body Material: Aluminum
- Color: Silver
- Pedal Type: Platform
- Pedal Spindle: 9/16"
- Spindle Material: Chromoly
- Defined Color: Silver
- Weight: 338
We offer Free Shipping on all orders in the Continental US.
Orders typically ship within 1-2 business days.
Orders ship from our stores in San Diego, California or from our suppliers located throughout the continental US. Our network of warehouses allows us to deliver your orders faster so Uptown customers have access to a larger variety and better stock
Shipping method and ship-times depend on ship-to address and size & dimensions of shipment. Our goal is to get your order to you quickly (typically 1-3 day shipping). Expedited shipping is also available.
We'll send your Order Tracking once your shipment is on its way. We will also contact you once we hear your package has arrived to make sure it's been received and to offer our assistance. For questions, changes or inquires on shipments please contact us.
We also offer Free Returns on most products (Click above to create your free pre-paid return label)
Accessories and Parts
We offer Free Returns for all accessories & parts returned within 30 days of purchase. That is a no-questions-asked full refund for items that unused/unworn & in original packaging.
Accessory exceptions: Special orders and closeout deal purchases are final. Shoes may not have had cleats mounted nor show scuff marks. Helmets, shorts, jerseys, socks, gloves or other clothing may not have been worn.
You may return a bicycle for the full purchase price within 14 days of purchase if the bicycle is in showroom condition as determined by us. When a bicycle was purchased as a special order or a closeout deal, the sale is final unless there was a problem with the order caused by Uptown Bicycles. Customer is responsible for return shipping on Bicycle orders unless there was a problem with the order caused by Uptown Bicycles
New bicycles typically come with manufacturer warranties. We will help you understand the warranty and coordinate any claims, but in the end, it is your responsibility to understand the warranty. Keep in mind, we hope that your bike experiences wear and tear, racing and maybe abuse, but hopefully not accidents. Warranties don't cover the result of those events.
Labor charges are not refundable. Unless, of course, there is a problem with the work performed, in which case, please contact us and we will immediately correct it.
If you have any questions about the above, let us know...we want you to buy with confidence.
The policies below applies to all in store purchase or online orders. If you are purchasing online and are unsure about a purchase, please give us a call...we can help a lot in your decision. (619)795-7222
We offer Curbside Pickup / In-Store Pickup for all orders.
Please select the the store location and the date you would like to pickup your order. For Curbside Pickup, select In-Store Pickup at checkout. You will receive details on how to pickup your order. We have a dedicated loading/unloading zone directly in-front of each location. Same-day curbside / in-store pickup is available on a case-by-case basis, as we may need a little time to put your order together.
If selecting a bike for in-store purchase; availability for pickup reflects an estimate of when the bike will be ready. Please note that this is an estimate, if you would like to pick an item up before the website shows it is available please contact us for special requests. When we receive an in-store pickup order we will contact you by your preferred method entered at checkout to confirm details.
Why are some items available for In-Store (or Curbside) pickup only?
Due to our brand relationships we are able to sell some products in-store only. These products are not available to be ordered to be shipped to a customer's address. We believe in the importance of proper assembly and maintenance of your bicycle, and respect our partnership with our brands as a dealer / retailer. If you have any questions please contact us.